We are hiring Bus Drivers and Mechanics in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs
Are you thinking about a new job? Do you have a valid car licence? Do you want to work in an industry that serves the local community? Do you have good customer service skills?
If so, join us and become a bus driver in Sydney’s Eastern suburbs now.
Why work with us?
When you join our team, you will be based out of one of our depots at: Waverley, Randwick or Port Botany. There are many benefits to joining Transdev John Holland. Some include:
Are you thinking about a new job? Do you want to experience stable employment and career progression? Join our team and help keep the Eastern suburbs moving.
|We are searching for enthusiastic people who want to undertake a heavy vehicle mechanic apprenticeship. We are also hiring current apprentices who have two years’ experience and displaced apprentices.|
We provide access to a free car licence upgrade training program through a nationally accredited training partner.Find out more
Becoming a bus driver
Find out what a day is like in the life of one of our bus drivers. We provide a range of part-time and full-time opportunities.Read the brochure
Ready to Apply?
Get started now!
Frequently asked questions
We accept candidates with a C-class driver’s licence held for a minimum of 12 months without any cancellations within the last 2 years. Our trainee bus driver program will assist you to gain the relevant licence to drive a bus. Our extended program is designed to get you confident and competent behind the wheel with no previous bus driving experience. You are paid from Day 1 of the program.
Over a three to four-week period, depending on your experience, you will complete a mix of classroom and on-road training. This is then followed by a Driver Coach Program, with an experienced bus operator, for one week.
More than 1000 people have successfully completed the Transdev John Holland Car Licence Upgrade training program.
- Supportive team-based learning environment
- Robust blended program, consisting of classroom and practical training, delivered by qualified industry experts
- Initial 5-week training program covers all the skills required to safely operate a bus and provide a first-class service to our customers, including mentoring from experienced drivers
- Participate in our traineeship program and achieve a nationally accredited qualification of Certificate III in Driving Operations
- This qualification gives you a competitive advantage in the industry as a professional bus driver, setting you apart from the rest!
Great question! Everyone asks this so we made this informative video featuring one of our Melbourne bus drivers, Jade, to show you what a day in the life of a bus driver entails.
Here are a few things you can expect working for Transdev John Holland Buses:
- Top industry rates & allowances
- Great earning potential with a lot of opportunity to work overtime
- FREE consultations with qualified and experienced physiotherapists, to help recover from and prevent injuries
- Access to sponsored optional health and wellbeing activities such as the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge and the MS Gong ride
- 5 weeks paid annual leave
- Free confidential 24/7 support for yourself and eligible family members with our professional coaching and support service Benestar®
- Supportive managers and an inclusive environment
- Growth and career opportunities
Transdev John Holland have a range of opportunities available. Bus Drivers can go on to work in our Operations Team, managing groups of drivers themselves, or helping coordinate our buses in the Operations Control Centre. Bus Driving is just the start, really. We have a range of roles available supporting our business – everything from safety to human resources! Meet Misho from our Sydney bus team – in this video he shares his journey as a casual bus driver – he didn’t expect years later he would be leading the Service Delivery Management Team.
Our application is a simple online application followed by a brief conversation with one of the recruitment team who will inform you of the steps required to become a licenced driver, mechanic or apprentice.
No proof of vaccination is required. However to help protect our Bus Operators:
- All buses and depots are cleaned regularly
- All customer-facing staff are provided with hand sanitiser
- We are providing extra training to our bus operators and communicating regularly with them
Our depots are located in close proximity to some of Sydney’s best attractions, including spectacular beaches, parklands, major shopping centres and more!
- Waverley Depot Corner of Oxford Street and York Road, Bondi Junction NSW 2022
- Randwick Depot 36 King Street, Randwick NSW 2031
- Port Botany Depot 1 Bumborah Point Road, Port Botany NSW 2036
a. The base trainee rate is in accordance with the State Transit Authority Bus Operations Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA). On completion of your traineeship, you will be eligible for a wage increase in accordance with the EBA.
b. You may also earn higher amounts by working overtime, Sunday double time and public holidays.
Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs
By working in Sydney’s East you can enjoy your breaks in close proximity to spectacular beaches, parklands, major shopping centres and more
“I like the breaks in between the broken shifts because I utilise the time to keep fit and active, by swimming at the beach or pool, cycling in Centennial Park or going to the gym.” Angelo
“I love being a mechanic, because I’ve been playing with cars since I was five-years-old.” Cheyne
In the meantime, if you would like to find out more – express your interest here:
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST
Transdev John Holland Buses is an integrated joint venture partnership between Transdev Australasia and John Holland, combining the know-how of one of the world’s leading mobility companies and one of Australia’s leading integrated infrastructure, transport and building companies.
Transdev John Holland Buses (NSW) is an equal opportunity employer.
* Subject to terms and conditions and dependent on experience.